Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Scared for Me & My Newborn Baby

I had "relations" with my boyfriend over 2 & 1/2yrs ago. I just found out that he has AIDS. I would like to know what are my chances that I may have AIDS or be HIV positive. I took a test when I first learned of my pregnancy, and I "think" one was given to me when I gave birth. Correct me if I'm worng, but don't NYC hosp's give testing to the mother and baby for HIV if they have no record of the mother's HIV/AIDS status? (My clinic never sent over my blood work) The hosp kept me in isolation (private room) for 5 days and then moved me to a semi-private room. I believe they said all my tests came back good, that's why they were moving me to a room with others.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

You should check with your care provider to see whether you were ever tested during pregnancy and if so, what the results were. If you can not verify that you were tested with a negative result, you should be re-tested.

Nisha
HIV Test