Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Scared for Me & My Newborn Baby
Apr 23, 2005

I had "relations" with my boyfriend over 2 & 1/2yrs ago. I just found out that he has AIDS. I would like to know what are my chances that I may have AIDS or be HIV positive. I took a test when I first learned of my pregnancy, and I "think" one was given to me when I gave birth. Correct me if I'm worng, but don't NYC hosp's give testing to the mother and baby for HIV if they have no record of the mother's HIV/AIDS status? (My clinic never sent over my blood work) The hosp kept me in isolation (private room) for 5 days and then moved me to a semi-private room. I believe they said all my tests came back good, that's why they were moving me to a room with others.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

You should check with your care provider to see whether you were ever tested during pregnancy and if so, what the results were. If you can not verify that you were tested with a negative result, you should be re-tested.

Previous
Nisha
Next
HIV Test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.