Apr 23, 2005
Hi, Just wanted to know if a person is sickle cell carrier, when tested of HIV can she be found positive because of the sickle cell in her body?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Sickle cell should not give you a false positive test for HIV.
starting treatment during before or in the middle of pregnancy
Scared for Me & My Newborn Baby
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Accuracy Of Elisa Test After 30 Days
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking On A Woman's Breast?
- Can You Get Std From Unprotected Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.