Apr 23, 2005
Hi, Just wanted to know if a person is sickle cell carrier, when tested of HIV can she be found positive because of the sickle cell in her body?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Sickle cell should not give you a false positive test for HIV.
starting treatment during before or in the middle of pregnancy
Scared for Me & My Newborn Baby
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Male Get Pubic Lice From Public Restrooms?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From In A Hot Tub?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.