Apr 23, 2005
Hi, Just wanted to know if a person is sickle cell carrier, when tested of HIV can she be found positive because of the sickle cell in her body?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Sickle cell should not give you a false positive test for HIV.
starting treatment during before or in the middle of pregnancy
Scared for Me & My Newborn Baby
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
- Does Having Oral Thrush Mean I Have Hiv?
- How Long Does Thrush Last?
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching Blood?
- Can You Get HIV From Touching Urine?
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Condom Slipped
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.