|please answer me
Apr 15, 2005
am married to hiv+ man ,, be4 2 months i was herpes+ . Then i took medicine it becomes negative. Does that mean that am hiv + also or is there any relation between hiv and herpes.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Herpes and HIV testing do not cross-react. The only way to know about your HIV status is to get a test specifically for HIV.
Please Help! Pregnant and worried
Re: your qualified answer to someone with a negative HIV test
- Safety Precautions To Take With People Living With Hiv
- Yeast Infection And Recurrent Herpes
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- What Systems Of The Body Do Shingles Affect?
- What Parts Of The Body Are Affected By Chlamydia?
- Which Is More Common Chlamydia Or Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.