Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Save my babys life PLEASE

i recently read an article you posted that said a girl tested neg in march and pos in october.I recently heard my ex boyfriend may be infected when i had the test it had been a year and a half since I had contact with him it was negative. I tested negative when I was pregnant My baby is now 6 months so its been about a year since I got the test that was negative could I be positive now? Would my baby be sick?Could my pregnancy have hide the virus?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

If you had a negative test 18 months following a possible exposure, it is very unlikely that you are infected. Testing is recommended for all pregnant women -- pregnancy would not affect the test result.

I'm positive. Could baby have been +?
second opinion