Women and HIVWomen and HIV

American, European or Asian immune system?

Hello Dr Sullivan, I took my 12 weeks test after an unprotected encounter. Received a negative but the councilor told me come back again. I thought I was okie based on the info I've read here but freaked out again. The councilor told me that asians have different genes compare to westerners therefore immune response are different. I told him that there are lots of asians in canada and australia but they are still using 3 months as the window. I've also seen alot of asians writing in but you told them 3 months is sufficient. I really want to stop testing and get back to my life but the councilor really freaks me out. Thanks Dr Sullivan for the wonderful work. God Bless

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You have nothing to worry about; a negative test at 12 weeks is just as reliable in an Asian as a Caucasian; JLS.

HIV and Artificial Insemination
Allergies and HIV?