Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

American, European or Asian immune system?
Mar 12, 2005

Hello Dr Sullivan, I took my 12 weeks test after an unprotected encounter. Received a negative but the councilor told me come back again. I thought I was okie based on the info I've read here but freaked out again. The councilor told me that asians have different genes compare to westerners therefore immune response are different. I told him that there are lots of asians in canada and australia but they are still using 3 months as the window. I've also seen alot of asians writing in but you told them 3 months is sufficient. I really want to stop testing and get back to my life but the councilor really freaks me out. Thanks Dr Sullivan for the wonderful work. God Bless

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You have nothing to worry about; a negative test at 12 weeks is just as reliable in an Asian as a Caucasian; JLS.

Previous
HIV and Artificial Insemination
Next
Allergies and HIV?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.