|HIV and Artificial Insemination
Mar 12, 2005
I have been infected with HIV for just over six months now.I was planning on having my own kid oneday.Is all my sperm infected 100% by the virus? Will it be possible to artificial inseminate my wife with sperm that does not have the virus.thank u
Response from Dr. Sullivan
There are physicians who have developed techniques for "sperm washing" which have allowed for pregnancy to occur without HIV infection; these are research studies and you should discuss this subject with your HIV specialist;JLS.
Steven's Johnson !!! please adv !!
American, European or Asian immune system?
- What Does A Sore Look Like When You Have Genital Herpes?
- What Color Are Herpes Lesions?
- What Can I Use To Stop The Itching Of The Shingles?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Ways Of Catching Chlamydia
- What Are The Chances Of High Risk Hpv Turning Into Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.