|overweight and HIV+
Feb 21, 2005
I am about 20kg overweight and have been HIV+ since June 2003. Is it safe for me to go on a weight-loss program to lose the extra kilos? I am 1.62m tall and weigh 92kg.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Weight loss may help to optimize your health, so it may be a good idea. I would urge you, however, to discuss your plans with your care provider. Most HIV care providers work with nutritionists, who can help you with a reasonable weight loss plan.
baby not hiv+ please
wanting a negative baby
- What Color Is The Fluid Inside Herpes Blisters?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- What Are All The Ways You Can Get Chlamydia?
- Tremors Associated With Shingles
- Toxoplasmosis Natural Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.