|HIV transmissions during pregnancy
Feb 5, 2005
What is the percentage of HIV transmission during: 1. pregnancy; 2. delivery/labor; 3. breastfeeding?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
In the absence of antivirla therapy, about 25-40% of women transmit HIV to their babies. About 20% of all transmissions occur during gestation (pregnancy), 40-50% occur during delivery, and 20-30% occur during brestfeeding.
Want to become pregnant
hiv and pregnancy
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Pimples A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.