|HIV transmissions during pregnancy
Feb 5, 2005
What is the percentage of HIV transmission during: 1. pregnancy; 2. delivery/labor; 3. breastfeeding?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
In the absence of antivirla therapy, about 25-40% of women transmit HIV to their babies. About 20% of all transmissions occur during gestation (pregnancy), 40-50% occur during delivery, and 20-30% occur during brestfeeding.
Want to become pregnant
hiv and pregnancy
- Fingering And Using Saliva And Vaginal Secretions For Hand Job
- Hiv And Lip Kissing With Cracked Lip And Gum Disease
- How Can You Tell If Lymph Nodes Are Swollen?
- How Hiv Enter Into Mucous Membrane?
- How Long Before Symptoms Show Up In HIV Positive Person?
- Is An Hiv Test At 12 Weeks Conclusive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.