Women and HIVWomen and HIV

HIV+withextreme back pain & nothing helps

Hello Doctor: I have been HIV + since July of 2004 and have been on Epzicom and Susitva since September with wonderous results!

Here is my problem: I have always experienced lower back pain usually 1 week before my period and then it usually stops. However, I have had extreme lower back pain and left leg pain for the past 3 weeks now and am currently cycling. I have had an x-ray which has come back with no abnormal results. I have taken multiple pain relief medications from Lortab, Flexeril, Skelaxin, Soma to the general OTC meds without relief. I have spoken to my HIV MD and he says see my primary who just keeps giving me more pain medication. What am I to do? I want to start smoking Marijuana to get some relief, but I don't want to ruin any progress I have made. What specifically should I be asking my doctor's to test or treat for? I am frustrated and angry and would like some help.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You should ask your primary care physician for a referral to an orthopedist or neurosurgeon who specializes in back problems; it does not appear that this is HIV related; JLS.

Antenatal testing
Desperate