Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Does this warrant testing?

About a year and a half ago I had brief unprotected sex, and am wondering if it warrants testing. I am a hetereosexual female. I was in a swimming pool (naked) with a guy and we were fooling around. He inserted his penis into my vagina twice for about 10 seconds max. We then went inside to have sex and he inserted his penis one more time at which point I stopped him and we got a condom and had protected vaginal sex. There was no ejaculation (although pre-cum is always a possibility). I do not know his status. I never experienced any illness following this; I moved across the country a week later, and would have remembered this. In fact the only time I have been sick since then was with Fifth's Disease 8 months later (I work with kids). I now have a serious boyfriend and have been feeling very guilty about that episode. However, I have donated blood twice since then and never received anything other than my donor card, and in fact when I started worrying about this episode I called them back and asked them if there were anything wrong with my tests would they notify me. The women said they would, they are mandated by the FDA to do so, and said I was eligible to donate again on "x date". With that said, I would like to say that I did NOT donate blood for an HIV test- I didn't even think what I did was very risky until I started feeling guilty about it. Additionally, I did not lie on any of the questions they ask- which is another question, if the heterosexual population is the growing HIV community, why don't they ask about unprotected heterosexual experiences? Do you feel I may have contracted HIV and/or the blood bank would have somehow made a mistake in notifying me of this? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You have nothing to worry about; get on with your life, and Happy New Year; JLS.

Confused and Angry
Coccidia from Puppy?