Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Multivitamins while on Combivir and pregnant

Thank you for this very educational forum. I am 31 years old and 28 weeks pregnant. I tested positive 2months ago and my gynae put me on combivir. I am wondering if its safe for me to take daily multivitamin tablets and if they wont affect my treatment. My CD4 is 679. The other question is my CD8 is 1786 - which my doctor says is too high. What may be the cause for this? Am still waiting for my VL results. Will I have to continue the meds after delivery?

Thank you for your time

Response from Dr. Sullivan

The most important factor in prevention of HIV transmission from mother to baby is viral load; if your viral load is less than 50 copies /ml your chances of having an uninfected baby are greater than 99%; JLS.

34 WKS PREG ON CRIXIVAN
Confused and Angry