Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Would it be okay...

Hello Doctor -

Actually, Dr. Sullivan, you answered a question for me back on November 15 - "HIV Window, really stressing over this." I really appreciated the reassurance.

Well, it has now been 13 weeks since that low-risk encounter. I have already had negative HIV tests at four and nine weeks. I have a Home Access test sitting here waiting to be taken. I know the home access phone line says you should test out to six months, and so do some other sources, but I know it's accepted by most health professionals that three months is a sufficient window.

My question is - my husband and I are back on track and considering having a child. If I were HIV positive, even though I know it can be done, I would NOT consider becoming pregnant. So with that... can I truly trust that this 13 week test will be completely accurate? I know flukes can occur, but is there any reason to think I would need further testing or that I could still be positive after three negative tests out to 13 weeks?

I just want to do what's best for my family and want to know for sure before I decide to expand our family.

If you think it's good, then I'll take this test and put it behind me forever.

Thank you in advance for your reply... and thanks for the work you do here.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You can be absolutely comfortable with the 3 month test;JLS.

Possible Semen / Saliva and Strip Club
Please Answer Im in desperate need of help