Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Possible Semen / Saliva and Strip Club

Good evening Dr.

I am writing in hopes of calming my husband. We are in a monogamous realtionship for 8 yrs and marriage for almost 6.

A few nights ago (4) he went out with some of his buddies to the local strip joint. They were drinking beers and enjoying the "entertianment".

They decided to pull a few tables together, so they could all sit together, and in doing so, my husband reached under the table, and found a "surprise" as he put it.

He couldn't tell for sure, but obviously fears the worst....that it could've been semen....

He said it was cold to the touch - thankfully ...as he put it

He has minor cuts on his hands as he was remodelling our house, and is very concerned over this stuipd "Guys night out" incident...

None of the cuts were actively bleeding or more than 1-2 layers deep.

I have also seen / read that cultured samples may live for hours....How rationale of a possible exposure could this be ?

If you can offer any insight I'd really appreciate it. Thank you very much !!!

Response from Dr. Sullivan

This would be an extremely low risk exposure and there is no need for testing; JLS.

Test Negative
Would it be okay...