Women and HIVWomen and HIV

are hiv meds making it hard to conceive?

i got pregnant in 2003(when i was 36 and had been hiv pos for 13 years but not on any medication). during my pregnancy my doctor put me on combivir and kaletra and all went well. i decided to stay on therapy even after my baby was born.(my viral load is undetectable and my cd4 is 600). my husband and i have been trying to conceive again and are having no luck. could it be that the medication i am taking is making it hard for me? can i safely take fertility pills in case it is possibly my age? please give me any advice you can as i am not sure what to do. i have an appointment with my ob/gyn in a few weeks to discuss this problem again and what steps we will take next. thank you.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

The questions you raise are very complex and should be addressed by your Ob/Gyn physician in consultation with a HIV specialist;JLS.

Teenager with HIV wondering about viral load and T cell counts
Test Negative