|Teenager with HIV wondering about viral load and T cell counts
Jan 5, 2005
i am 17 yr old female and i was recently diagnosed with HIV but i know nothing about it. what should my normal or healthy t cell count be? and is there a normal or healthy viral load?
Response from Dr. Sullivan
A normal CD 4 count would be greater than 540 and any detectable viral RNA would be abnormal; treatment is not usually initiated until CD4 counts are less than 350, or viral loads greater than 10,000-30,000; when treatment is initiated a good response would be a viral load less than 50 copies/ml; JLS.
are hiv meds making it hard to conceive?
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.