Jan 5, 2005
I've been on Combivir and Sustiva since March 2003 and have been doing very well. I'm exploring options for becoming pregnant (seems crazy to me but I'm told it can work).
I read that women shouldn't take Sustiva when they're pregnant. Given my current regimen, what would be some good options for replacing the Sustiva?
You have a great site! Thank you, Margie
Response from Dr. Sullivan
You should explore a switch regimen with your HIV specialist; in certain circumstances nevirapine or a protease inhibitor would be an appropriate replacement for Sustiva; this should be decided in the context of CD 4 count/viral loads/ potential toxicities; JLS.
surgery for mild dysplasia
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.