Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Test Mixup/First I was positive/ Now they say negative...

Dearest Dr. Lee,

I thank you so much for answering my "birth control pill and HIV test" question you made it easier for me to receive my new test results. (This brings me to another question)My old test results showed a positive EIA and weakly reactive bands to p24, p55, and aband present plus one for gp160(this made my results ind). My Doctor @ my University said that I was POSITIVE (there is a big difference between + and Indeterminate!!!)and shipped me off to the health dept. 2 mos later my new test was EIA + and WB completely -. So the test was NEGATIVE!!! Now they want me to go back to her and get tested for other things but I no longer trust her. My real question is what could cause this false-positive EIA and what else should I be tested for? GOD BLESS YOU DR.LEE, your like the doctor I never had;)

Response from Dr. Lee

It is difficult to see a doctor whom you don't trust. It may be that if you are straight-forward with her and talk about your concerns, you can develop the trust again. But, otherwise, I suggest that you ask the Health Department to give you a list of other referral doctors. It is important for you to have further testing, so I hope you are able to find a trusting relationship with a doctor.

Be well.

how HIV efffects women different
Baby negative from two Positive People