|handshake with sores
Dec 22, 2004
Hi I have recently been around someone with HIV. As I was trying to be friendly I gave them a handshake and noticed that they had closed but somewhat fresh sores on their hands. I figured the sores where closed and so I was safe. I then ate some munchies someone had brought though I had a cut on my lip. Any chance I could have picked up the HIV virus? Thanks
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
It is very unlikely that this exposure would result in infection.
Having a child with one postive and 1 negative
KIND OF COMPLICATED QUESTION ABOUT HIV+ AND CONCEPTION
- Odds Of Getting HIV Open Mouth Kissing
- Odds Of Getting HIV Vaginal Fluid
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Vaginal Fluid
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Runny Nose?
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.