Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Undetectable with Negative Boyfriend

Dr. Luzuriaga,

I am dating a guy that is hiv- and wants to have sex. I have a cd-4 count of 381 and am non-detectable, but I am afraid of giving it to him. He wants to perfoem oral sex but I am just afraid. What can we do?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Even with an undetectable blood vral load, there is the potential (albeit lower) to transmit the virus and you are right to be concerned. I would urge you and your boyfriend to learn more about safe sex practices. There is a lot of good information on this web site and a Forum in which you can ask specific questions.

transmitting HIV to babies
sex when both partners infected