Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Very WORRIED

Dear Doctor, I am 30 Yr old from India. Married for nearly 3 years now. In past I have had sex with a call girl and I did use a condom each time. But had oral sex without condoms sometime. The last un protected sex I had was in June 2002 with my ex gf while she was on periods(I really regret that) I never had fever or anything after that . In aug 2003 I had cough with chest conjestion and my esninophile count was a bit high. I had fever along wth it and it went in 3 days. I was perfectly fine after that. In january2004 my friend had a bad sore throat and I drank from his glass and within couple of days I got a very bad sore throat and fever which lated for 5days. After that sometimes I used to sweat a lot during nights(I usually sweat a lot) 3 Months back I saw a brown spot (Blotch) which looked like a birthmark (very flat )under my arms on chest under arms it was not itchy and it faded away within a month I didnt even notice when it went away. Now last week I got a brown non-itchy spot on my eyelid which again went away within a week.(Looked brownish as birth mark ) My wifes weight has reduced 3 kgs after we got married but now as she is pregnant she has gained 1.5kgs. She had some infection in her vagina there was a white discharge with smell and she used to get fever in the evening. The doctor examined her said that it was a pollib and fibroid and this june she got herself operated(Endoscopy- they just made 5 cuts on her abdomin)and they removed it. it was ok for 2 months but again after 2 months she got the same discharge with fowl smell which looks like cottage cheese. The doctor gave her a passery tablet to put in her vagina and now there is only white discharge but no smell. Now she is pregnant and doctor has told her to get some urine and blood tests done which includes hiv for aids test. Now the questions I want to ask since I am very scared and very worried:- 1. Does my symptoms of sore throat and fever(I am sure I got it from my friend), sometimes night sweat, and the brown black blotch rash on chest and eyelid are symptoms of hiv? Or what else can cause these rash or blotches? 2. Does vaginal infection which my wife is having is a symptom? 3. Is getting hiv test done a normal procedure during pregnancy? or they normally dont do it? 4. What does a skin rash or blotch in hiv looks like? and is it itchy? How severe is diarrhea in ARS?? does it last for a week or is it for 2-3 days? where is the swollen lymph glands in HIV located(can it be on back or on thighs?) 4. How does ARS rash looks like? is it like a bruse? and how does HIV purple blotches which people talk look like?(Like birthmarks?).. and finally is KS sopts refered to as hiv red,brown,pink blotches in most of the symptoms in hiv websites? Please answer my question in detial I will really appreciate it beacause as I live in India and that too in a very small city I am really scared to ask anyone. (We both have a good appetite and quite active and I have gained weight in last few months) Thank you very much for reading my long question VERY VERY anxiously and desperately waiting for you answer

Response from Dr. Lee

All of your worries have one answer. Get yourself tested. (Go to one of the bigger cities if you wish to be anonymous.)

Be well.

Statistics - Pregnancy and Efavirenz
transmitting HIV to babies