|P24 Test for Baby
Nov 27, 2004
I am an hiv+ mother with a 1 yr old baby. She went for a P24 and the result was negative. Does this mean she is HIV negative cause the doctor says she has to have a rapid test at 18 months and she has now been taken off her cotrimoxazole 2.5ml dosage a day. Is she negative. I pray so.
Response from Dr. Lee
Most of the time, we don't use a P24 test anymore, because it is not as helpful as a PCR (or viral load) test. Most likely your baby is negative, but it is not as sure with the P24 test as with the other tests. I suggest you follow-up with the later test your doctor suggests, just to be sure.
HIV & Babies
Aids + hysterectomy + possible hormone therapy
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Throat After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.