|P24 Test for Baby
Nov 27, 2004
I am an hiv+ mother with a 1 yr old baby. She went for a P24 and the result was negative. Does this mean she is HIV negative cause the doctor says she has to have a rapid test at 18 months and she has now been taken off her cotrimoxazole 2.5ml dosage a day. Is she negative. I pray so.
Response from Dr. Lee
Most of the time, we don't use a P24 test anymore, because it is not as helpful as a PCR (or viral load) test. Most likely your baby is negative, but it is not as sure with the P24 test as with the other tests. I suggest you follow-up with the later test your doctor suggests, just to be sure.
HIV & Babies
Aids + hysterectomy + possible hormone therapy
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sucking Penis?
- Are Swollen Lymph Nodes A Symptom Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms Could I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.