Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Pregancy and HIV

Just found out that I am HIV also three mts. expected started severak meds three weeks ago viral load is a little over 100,000 t cells is 150 what are my chances having healthy baby. Did not know about my status until I went for preganct test. Please help.

Response from Dr. Lee

It is important for you to control the virus as much as possible in order to reduce the chance of transmitting to your baby. Be sure your doctor is familiar with treatment of HIV in pregnancy and do what is possible to control the virus. With a t cell count of 150, you also need to be on medicines to prevent the development of some of the opportunistic infections such as pneumocystosis. The most important thing you can do to try to have a healthy baby is to stay as healthy yourself as possible.

Be well.

HIV Window - Really Stressing over this!!
Testing and Intent to get Pregnant