Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Pregancy and HIV
Nov 18, 2004

Just found out that I am HIV also three mts. expected started severak meds three weeks ago viral load is a little over 100,000 t cells is 150 what are my chances having healthy baby. Did not know about my status until I went for preganct test. Please help.

Response from Dr. Lee

It is important for you to control the virus as much as possible in order to reduce the chance of transmitting to your baby. Be sure your doctor is familiar with treatment of HIV in pregnancy and do what is possible to control the virus. With a t cell count of 150, you also need to be on medicines to prevent the development of some of the opportunistic infections such as pneumocystosis. The most important thing you can do to try to have a healthy baby is to stay as healthy yourself as possible.

Be well.

Previous
HIV Window - Really Stressing over this!!
Next
Testing and Intent to get Pregnant

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.