|effect of hysterectomy on hiv
Nov 15, 2004
Is there any information regarding possible effects of a partial or total hysterectomy on hiv progression?
I've been positive 15 years, t cells are 507, vl unknown (results didn't come in yet). I've never been on meds and not been ill. I'm having problems with ovarian cysts which brought the possibility of various surgeries to mind. I think the real question is; would it cause a quicker progression of the virus or not?
Response from Dr. Sullivan
I am not aware of any studies looking at the effects of hysterectomies on HIV progression; I do not think that there would be any ill effects;JLS.
hiv@hepc is viramune o.k.?
HIV Window - Really Stressing over this!!
- Is Fever A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Basic Metabolic Panel Hiv Irregularities
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.