Women and HIVWomen and HIV

effect of hysterectomy on hiv

Hello Dr.s,

Is there any information regarding possible effects of a partial or total hysterectomy on hiv progression?

I've been positive 15 years, t cells are 507, vl unknown (results didn't come in yet). I've never been on meds and not been ill. I'm having problems with ovarian cysts which brought the possibility of various surgeries to mind. I think the real question is; would it cause a quicker progression of the virus or not?

Thank you

Response from Dr. Sullivan

I am not aware of any studies looking at the effects of hysterectomies on HIV progression; I do not think that there would be any ill effects;JLS.

hiv@hepc is viramune o.k.?
HIV Window - Really Stressing over this!!