Women and HIVWomen and HIV

worried about having signs

I am a 42 year old woman.It has been two years since my last HIV test. I just went to the doctor a month ago and was tested for signs of mentapause, all my blood work came back very good. The doctor said that I was in very good health, and my blood work was great. But he didn't test for HIV. It's been over 11 1/2 years since my partner died with HIV, I didn't know this until 8 years after his death. I am worried because I keep having yeast infections, bad head aches, a slight sore throat, and I,m having hot flashes in the mornings. I have a lot of sinous dranage during the day. If I was infected, would my blood work be normal and good.

Jeannie

Response from Dr. Lee

Not necessarily. It is necessary to have a specific test for the antibodies to HIV or for HIV viral nucleic acides (PCR). You have waited more than three years already since you learned of your lover having HIV infection. Please, talk to your doctor and have the test done.

Be well.

want a baby
Long term side effects in children