Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Gastric Bypass for HIV positive

Is there any type of law for a dr to refuse Gastric Bypass--My co-morbid conditions are are going to take my life and I am desperate to have it done. HIV isnt going to kill me--it will be all the other problems I have concerning my weight. I was diagnosed 18 months ago from presurgery testing and am undetectable and tcells are fine--Does anyone have a way to find out a Doctor that will do the surgery. I am desperate to have it--If I named all my health problems--HIV is the least of my problems--I appreciate any help on this---Thanks--

Response from Dr. Lee

Doctors are not required to provide treatments that they do not believe are warranted or that they believe will cause greater harm to a patient. You cannot force a doctor to operate. Talk to your doctor about a second opinion.

Be well.

daughter with HIV/HEPC
infection with HIV