Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Gastric Bypass for HIV positive
Sep 29, 2004

Is there any type of law for a dr to refuse Gastric Bypass--My co-morbid conditions are are going to take my life and I am desperate to have it done. HIV isnt going to kill me--it will be all the other problems I have concerning my weight. I was diagnosed 18 months ago from presurgery testing and am undetectable and tcells are fine--Does anyone have a way to find out a Doctor that will do the surgery. I am desperate to have it--If I named all my health problems--HIV is the least of my problems--I appreciate any help on this---Thanks--

Response from Dr. Lee

Doctors are not required to provide treatments that they do not believe are warranted or that they believe will cause greater harm to a patient. You cannot force a doctor to operate. Talk to your doctor about a second opinion.

Be well.

Previous
daughter with HIV/HEPC
Next
infection with HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.