Women and HIVWomen and HIV

HIV +/ recurrent vaginal strep and staph

I am hiv+ and have been for 11 years. For the past year, I keep getting strep b and staph infections in my vagina. My doctor says that these are bacteria that can be found on a persons hand or in their mouth and on their skin. I have been treated several times with different kinds of antibiotics but the infections don't seem to go away TOTALLY. I'm really getting fed up with the vaginal discharge because I have to constantly wear pantyliners. I'm not sexually active at this point but when I do have intercourse, I use condoms and I don't allow anyone to stick their fingers in my vagina. Can you please tell me why I can't get rid of this and what medications can I take? I'm seen at an infectious disease clinic by a nurse practitioner for gynecological and I'm also seen by one for standard blood tests, etc. This is my second time asking this question so could someone PLEASE answer me this time. I know you guys are busy and I don't mean to sound so demanding but I am truly frustrated. Thanks for responding!!!!!!

Response from Dr. Sullivan

I am sorry that I am not able to answer your question; your vaginal discharge may not be caused by bacterial infections; I would suggest that you see another gynecologist to seek a second opinion;JLS.

Lesbian x HIV
- after 6 weeks could i still be +