Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Lesbian x HIV

I'm lesbian and I'd like to know which probabilities to acquire HIV/AIDS, keeping sexual relation with other women? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Lee

Many women who identify as lesbian are bisexual or have had sex with men, and therefore may have acquired sexually transmitted diseases. Therefore, it is important not to share sex toys and to use dental dams or other oral protection during oral sex. Although there is a reduced risk of transmission, it is still possible for HIV to be transmitted through woman-to-woman contact.

Be careful, be well.

Gastric Bypass Surgery
HIV +/ recurrent vaginal strep and staph