Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Mother just tested positive for HIV

my mother was just told she tested positive for hiv. she was told the negative they gave her was a mistake. my mother recently was told she had signs of being exposed to tb at sometime during her life but did not have it and that she had survived it unknowingly. my mother explained that working in the restaurant business for 30+ years she has had to be tested multiple times for tb (especially in the 70's),and the last time she was tested they told her that she had a detection of the virus because of the small amounts that had been put in for the tests she had had over the years and that she was fine but that she should never be tested again. my mother is the picture of health, never sick, has an obvious strong immune system. Is it possible that this trace of tb could have made a false positive test result?

Response from Dr. Lee

No. I suggest you ask your mom to take you with her sometime to ask her doctor some of the questions you have.

Be well.

TO TEST OR NOT TO TEST, appt. next Monday
Cosmetic Surgery!