Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Mother just tested positive for HIV
Sep 15, 2004

my mother was just told she tested positive for hiv. she was told the negative they gave her was a mistake. my mother recently was told she had signs of being exposed to tb at sometime during her life but did not have it and that she had survived it unknowingly. my mother explained that working in the restaurant business for 30+ years she has had to be tested multiple times for tb (especially in the 70's),and the last time she was tested they told her that she had a detection of the virus because of the small amounts that had been put in for the tests she had had over the years and that she was fine but that she should never be tested again. my mother is the picture of health, never sick, has an obvious strong immune system. Is it possible that this trace of tb could have made a false positive test result?

Response from Dr. Lee

No. I suggest you ask your mom to take you with her sometime to ask her doctor some of the questions you have.

Be well.

Previous
TO TEST OR NOT TO TEST, appt. next Monday
Next
Cosmetic Surgery!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.