Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

TO TEST OR NOT TO TEST, appt. next Monday
Sep 8, 2004

I will test. But it only one month post unprotected sexual experience how accurate is the orasure test at that time? Also stupid question #2 I had unprotected vaginal sex with a person of unknown HIV status, he is non homopsexual, non IV drug user, white middle class. He did not ejaculate inside me, but I use steroidal cream on my vulva for another health issue so skin may be weaker than normal. What are my chance of contracting HIV if he was positive. I am just looking for a little courage so that I will keep my appointmant next Monday.

Response from Dr. Lee

The answer to your real question (Am I infected?) is only knowable by testing. DO IT!

Be well.

Previous
Could he really still be negative!?
Next
Mother just tested positive for HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.