For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Dear Dr.Sharon,

B (BE FAITHFUL) will be the most important slogan for me henceforth. So no more sex except my wife. PLEASE ADVICE when is it 100% hiv negative for elisa tests according to you? Your reply would be highly appreciated! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Response from Dr. Lee

THere is essentially no time at which there can really be a 100% certainty in terms of medical tests as there are so many uncontrolled variables. I believe I indicated that with your negative tests so far you are not likely infected. However, I cannot and will not give you a specific guarantee that you are not infected.

Be well.

Need to stop taking kaletra ASAP!!!
HIV+ positive & becoming pregnant