Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

HIV + and becoming pregnant

I am a 39 year old female who has been HIV + since September 2002. My partner is not HIV+ who I have been with for 4-1/2 years. If I were to become pregnant, would the baby be HIV +? What are the risks at my age to be pregnant and being HIV+? Please advise. Thanks much.

Response from Dr. Lee

You have not discussed your T-cell count, viral levels, or treatment regimen. All of these are critical in order to answer your questions. I suggest you see a doc who is experienced in treating HIV and sit down for a while to discuss the issues you are dealing with. The risks of transmitting HIV have little to do with your age and much to do with the above.

Be well.

oral sex and Aids or hiV
Recently tested Positive - Need Answers