Women and HIVWomen and HIV

oral sex and Aids or hiV

I am 18 years old and i just found out iam positive i need to know if hiv/aids can be spread through oral sex who has a higher risk men seman or women cum.

Response from Dr. Lee

Fluids from both the penis (semen and pre-lubricant), and the vagina (especially during the menstrual period) can carry HIV to the mouth of a partner. The HIV would usually require an open area in the mouth before being transmitted to the person performing oral sex. Condoms and dental dams, or even plastic wrap may protect from passage of the virus. So does good oral hygiene (so there are fewer oral sores.)

Be well.

My son
HIV + and becoming pregnant