|oral sex and Aids or hiV
Sep 7, 2004
I am 18 years old and i just found out iam positive i need to know if hiv/aids can be spread through oral sex who has a higher risk men seman or women cum.
Response from Dr. Lee
Fluids from both the penis (semen and pre-lubricant), and the vagina (especially during the menstrual period) can carry HIV to the mouth of a partner. The HIV would usually require an open area in the mouth before being transmitted to the person performing oral sex. Condoms and dental dams, or even plastic wrap may protect from passage of the virus. So does good oral hygiene (so there are fewer oral sores.)
HIV + and becoming pregnant
- Can You Get AIDS By Having Protected Sex With A Person With AIDS?
- Aids Or Hiv From Having Sex With A Girl On Her Period
- How Fast Does Hepatitis C Progress?
- If Hiv Positive When Does Neuropathy Develop?
- What's The Difference Between Hiv And Herpes?
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.