|knew but late
Aug 28, 2004
my husband died due hiv 1 he knew his hiv status few days before. I am tested negative in elisa test. what are the chances of my becoming positive.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
A negative ELISA test (test for HIV antibodies) means that you are likely uninfected. However, antibodies can take a couple of months to develop from the time of exposure, so you might wish to be re-tested if your test was done less than 2 months after your last possible exposure.
how many years can it really lie dormat?
Taking meds at certain times?
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.