|how many years can it really lie dormat?
Aug 23, 2004
My husband of 16 yrs has had several hiv test done over the past 12 yrs since we found out my hiv status in 1992. we were married 5 yrs prior to this with use of no protection and many times since then w/o protection. how possible is it for him to be positive and still show a neg. result in an eliza test?
Response from Dr. Lee
You are HIV+ and your husband has remained negative, despite not utilizing condoms regularly. This is a good thing, and it is likely that he has thus far remained truely negative. I would advise the regular use of condoms and safer sex (especially avoidance of sex during menstruation or when there are any open genital sores).
Dear Dr. Lee - Update
knew but late
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Swallowing Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Anal With Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.