|HIV+ and abnormal pap smears
Aug 13, 2004
I have had abnormal pap smears for years - had a hysterectomy about 5 years ago and am starting to have abnormal paps again. Is this normal for HIV+ women?
Response from Dr. Lee
No. Pap smears check the cells from your cervix and/or vagina. Once the cervix (part of the uterus) is gone, most pap smears are normal. If you have abnormal vaginal pap smears, you should ask your doc about having further special testing, such as colposcopy.
Long-term non progressor
HIV +Gaining Weight During Pregnancy
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- Can You Get Rid Of Gunnera The Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.