Women and HIVWomen and HIV

SEX & BABY

DR LEE I WANT TO KNOW IF IT'S SAFE FOR US AND THE BABY (yet unborn but already named daniel)TO CONTINUE TO HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX. WHAT ARE THE RISKS CONSIDERING OUR SEROPOSITIVITY THANKS FOR BEING THERE FOR US

Response from Dr. Lee

Each time the receptive partner (ie the female in a male/female pairing) receives body fluids like semen (that may carry more HIV)into the vagina, there is a risk of re-infection (or even "superinfection" with a more virulent or more resistant virus.) This virus could of course be passed on through to the baby. Therefore it is not safe to use unprotected intercourse.

Be well.

Please dont ignore Dr.Sharon. Not seen an answer to my concern....
preg. & scared - please help!