|Please dont ignore Dr.Sharon. Not seen an answer to my concern....
Aug 7, 2004
Dear Dr. Sharon,
First of all thanks for your support to the people who really need you. Could you please answer my concern.
I have tested positive for HSV-1 and HSV-2. I have tested negative for HIV Elisa antibody test 9 months following the exposure. Do you think the presence of a HSV-1 outbreak or HSV-2 outbreak at the time of HIV testing affects the accuracy of the HIV antibody test by providing a false negative. I m just curious coz. when the nurse took the blood for HIV testing, i still had the herpes outbreak.
THank you very much for your time.
Response from Dr. Lee
No. Herpes does not affect the HIV antibody test.
HIV AND OBESE
SEX & BABY
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Dry Cough After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.