Women and HIVWomen and HIV

How can I test neg when I was pos

I am a 26 year old woman who tested HIV positive in 2000. I went for 3 more test and the results were the same. I was put on Stavudine, Lamuvidine and neverapine about 1 year 2 months ago and yesterday I went for an HIV test and tested negative. Can the ARV's I'm on make this appear negative when I was positive, was there a mistake on the test or is it merely divine intervention?

Response from Dr. Lee

Usually the test does not "revert" back to negative, except in very extreme situations. (Such as end-stage disease when there is little or no immune system left to produce antibodies.) I do not know enough details to properly advise you (Were you pregnant at the time of the first tests? Did you have positive viral loads or PCR tests? What "HIV test" did you recently have? Was it a Western Blot antibody test or a PCR test?) Generally the ARV's will not make an antibody test appear negative when it was previously positive. Check with your doc, please.

Be well.

Irregular menstruation
Dont know what is happening