|can breastfed baby get hiv from recent infection
Aug 2, 2004
i tested negative when baby was 6 months old, she is now 16 months and breastfeeding, what are the chences of infection if i contracted it during that time
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Babies can be infected if moms experience primary infection while breastfeeding. If you have continued risk factors, you and your baby should be re-tested.
Do i need to worry about all this.
Six year old child, need HAART?
- Bloody Nose After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.