|can breastfed baby get hiv from recent infection
Aug 2, 2004
i tested negative when baby was 6 months old, she is now 16 months and breastfeeding, what are the chences of infection if i contracted it during that time
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Babies can be infected if moms experience primary infection while breastfeeding. If you have continued risk factors, you and your baby should be re-tested.
Do i need to worry about all this.
Six year old child, need HAART?
- Can A Woman Give Hiv To A Man How Likely Is It?
- Risks Of Smoking Pot With An Hiv-positive Person
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.