Women and HIVWomen and HIV

droped out of school preparing to die

Dear any expert,

The past few months have been hell for me,I am a 20 year old asian female, straight and upper middle class.Let me start off by saying I Know that this will end in you saying I should get tested and I should for many reasons, I know this.It has been almost three months since I engaged in unprotected sex, without his ejaculation witch I know doesnt do much to decrease risk. he was a white male non homosexual, non Iv drug user I know these are contributing factors.I cant be 100% sure.it was not vigerous sex and I experienced no sypmtoms in the first 2-4 weeks,however i did get diarrhea three times 1 and a half months after is this indicative of ars I have had no rash or any of the general symptoms including fever ect...this is my first and last unprotected sexual encounter no matter what.iS IT POSSIBLE THAT I DON'T HAVE HIV.Idont think my parents can handle this I cry every day ,cant sleep, have left school after all nelson mandella did say "how can we be prepared for anything secretly thinking it won't happen "please is Hiv a death sentance should I give up on my future?I promised god that if I'm not sick i'll devote the rest of my life to people who are. please respond.It may give me the courage to get tested.I also send many thanx and an appreciation that excedes words.

Response from Dr. Lee

You have already answered your question. Right now you are suffering extreme depression probably related to the guilt of having sex. (Many women have such guilt.) If you don't treat your depression, it will bring you down and may kill you. That is a much greater risk right now that HIV. Please get tested! See a doctor about your guilt and depression. Get treatment!

Be well.

+couple-infected by same virus..male has higher load..want to conceive
COuld not find anything with respect to my concern.