Women and HIVWomen and HIV

women &hiv

My wife has been using for 1 year now a combination of Stavudine Nevirapine and LamivudineShe is 4weeks pregnant and we are considering to stop for the next 10 weeks the treatment or at least the Nevirapine so as not 2 affect the baby's formation.Her Cd4 count is above 400.Thanks for your response we are really desperate

Response from Dr. Lee

It is best for her to continue her current therapy. In fact there are very few side effects with these medicines for the baby even though this is a significant period of development. If she were a patient in my practice I would strongly encourage her to continue her medicines for now. It is much more concerning that she may have a significant increase in her viral load which could then be passed to your baby.

Talk to a knowledgeable doc in your area before making any decision about this important time for treatment.

Be well.

i WAS rAPED-NOW TERRIFIED I am infected
Your response that testing cannot be perfect