Women and HIVWomen and HIV

i WAS rAPED-NOW TERRIFIED I am infected

I was raped by a stranger eight years ago and he did not use any protection. I never reported the rape because I was to scared. Recently in the past year or so I have been having symptons such as headaches, shingle like rashes, sore throat,tightness in my chest and boils in my groin area. Are these symptons of HIV or Aids from this encounter 8 years ago? This is the only time I ever had sex without protection.

Response from Dr. Lee

Please see a doctor and get tested. You should not continue to worry and stew over this particular concern from a rape eight years ago. You may also want to consider counseling to help with the emotional scarring from the event. But, first get tested. Treatment is effective and you cannot get treatment without finding out is you need it.

Be well.

HIV +/donate bone marrow
women &hiv