|i WAS rAPED-NOW TERRIFIED I am infected
Jul 22, 2004
I was raped by a stranger eight years ago and he did not use any protection. I never reported the rape because I was to scared. Recently in the past year or so I have been having symptons such as headaches, shingle like rashes, sore throat,tightness in my chest and boils in my groin area. Are these symptons of HIV or Aids from this encounter 8 years ago? This is the only time I ever had sex without protection.
Response from Dr. Lee
Please see a doctor and get tested. You should not continue to worry and stew over this particular concern from a rape eight years ago. You may also want to consider counseling to help with the emotional scarring from the event. But, first get tested. Treatment is effective and you cannot get treatment without finding out is you need it.
HIV +/donate bone marrow
- White Bumps Sign Of HIV Infection
- Risks Of Contracting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Anal Warts After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.