Women and HIVWomen and HIV

my one yr old

Hello, Dr. Lee, I have several Questions. 1st is in concern of my one yr. old daughter she has white spots (kinda like patches of califlower) on her arms and legs and a little on her back, could that be HIV related, or just dry skin. 2nd Question I've been in pain in my chest area, like behind my rib cage, one doctor told me i had septic sclroises (i know it's not spelled right) he never gave me any med's so recently i took a swab HIV test and it came back Neg. but every now and then when ever I eat my stomach gets to acting up can you help me please. thank you for your time

Response from Dr. Lee

I am unsure why you are worried about HIV in your young daughter if you have tested negative. That means that she did not get HIV from you and unless she has had some other type of exposure she should not be at risk. It is truly impossible to diagnose skin problems without seeing them. Therefore I suggest you take your daughter to her doc or to a pediatric dermatologist to get some direct answers about her spots.

Since you have tested negative for HIV, it sounds like you should use precautions to prevent transmissions and check with your doc about your other symptoms such as your stomach acting up now and then. It may be that you are sensitive to certain foods, or that you have an inflammation of your stomach (gastritis) which may be easily treated with antacids, etc.

Be well.

vaginal strep b infection/weight loss with shiingles.
HIV +/donate bone marrow