Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Making sure i understood ur response 2nd try. Very depressed,

Dr. Lee, Thanks for taking the time to answer me about the celexa interference with the HIV test result. Please dont think that i m bothering u, but could u explain me

This was my question before so that it rings ur bell. where in u answered that the celexa will not likely affect the test result at all. Does that mean that there's a slight chance that it might affect. (and then u also said that it certainly wont inhibit the production of the antibodies or the seroconversion time, if thats the case then it elisa should find the antibodies right). If u think theres a slight chance that it might effect then, do u recommend me to directly get checked for the virus itself(PCR etc). I m going thru a bad phase, this was the only exposure in my life, where in i open mouth kissed a girl whom i dont know much about. Going suicidal,

Response from Dr. Lee

Celexa will not have any effect on the ELISA test for HIV. If you continue to worry, please see a doctor and consider a PCR test. The problem is that there is no 100% test and with therefore you must live with some level of uncertainty. Please see a doc and work on your depression and continuing concern about a relatively low risk exposure.

Be well.

life expectancy
Meds and Pregnancy