Women and HIVWomen and HIV

STD testing

Since it is easier to catch all other STD's aside from HIV, after testing negative on all other STD's and having a clean pap, would you still advise to have an HIV test? If someone had contracted HIV would they also have another STD? Or do some HIV+ people have only HIV and no other STD like herpes or something? I'm only asking because I had unprotected sex once, three years ago without ejaculation, but still I'm worried and I recently tested neg. for chlamidia, gonnorea, herpes and my pap was normal. After three years and two more partners (protected since the incident) would I have shown some other STD by now?

Response from Dr. Lee

Although STD's often travel together it is possible to have acquired only one sexually transmitted disease. The only way for you to know if you have HIV infection, is to test for HIV.

Be well.

HIV progression
Pregnant, positive elisa, neg. western blot