Women and HIVWomen and HIV

HIV transmission risks of breast milk during sex play

Dear Doc,

I am quite confused by the fact that different expert has different opinion on the risk of breastmilk exposure to adults during sexual activity. For example, Ryan Kull and Dr.Bob said no risk, while some others like Dr. Jackson and Dr. Sharon Lee said a little risk actually exist.

Is it correct to say that whether or a risk exist will depend on the amount of milk involved ?

Would you recommend testing if a man is exposed to a very little amount of breastmilk (less than a drop, so little that the man did not feel the taste of milk) ?

Although this question should actually be posted in another forum, I post it here as I am worried and can't wait till Dr. Bob returns to the site.

Your comment would be surely appreciated. Thank you very much.

Response from Dr. Lee

Yes. The amount of risk is proportionate to the amount of virus in the milk and the amount of milk which is ingested. It is also proportionate to the presence or absence of open sores in the mouth of the recipient, etc.

This sounds like a very minimal level of risk. However, I recommend testing at the "drop of a hat" so, why not get tested over a drop of milk?

Be well.

T cell count
HOW TOXIC AM I?