|haart and dramatic hair loss
Jun 21, 2004
I am a 40 year old woman and have been on combination therapy for 6 years(saquinavir,combivir,ritonavir) it is working very well except for very bad hair loss,is there anything i can do to counteract this
Response from Dr. Lee
The hair loss seems to be most often associated with protease inhibitor useage (saquinavir/ritonavir). Your doctor will be able to better advise you on the other options available based upon your previous medication history, severity of immune suppression, etc. One other idea is to be sure you are getting appropriate vitamins through your diet, or through vitamin pills.
T cell count
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Lip?
- What Happens When Bacterial Vaginosis Goes Untreated?
- What Does Herpes On The Vagina Look Like?
- What Does Gonorrhea Discharge Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.