Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE ANSWER THIS TIME, CANT SLEEP!!!!!
Jun 20, 2004

Hi, this is my second time writing and I really hope you can answer me this time as I am going out of my mind with worry, about 3-4 weeks ago I had sex with a few sex workers, protected for the intercourse part of it but unprotected for giving and receiving oral!!!! I only gave oral for a very short time, to one girl, but some non the less!!!, the day I left 3days after first encounter I had really bad stomach ache on the plane and the worst case of diarrear on arrival at the airport, this continued for about a week plus a fever and runny nose/cold, I started looking up symptoms on the internet and have made myself sick with worry and am looking at myself in a mirror every 30mins checking for any possible signs, it is now nearly 4weeks since and I have had diarear again tonight and I had a slight cold sore above my lip this morning and am making 2+2+2+2=HIV!!!!!!!Does this sound typical of HIV or am I reading too deep into things, I will get a test after a suitable time period, but I am going OUT OF MY MIND with worry and its affecting every part of my life!. I keep reading different things everywhere and I dont know who to trust, I also have white fluff on the back of my tongue and have been trying to search pictures on the net to see if this is normal or the white coating associated with one of the symptoms, I have never really looked at my tongue so closely before and am lost and dizzy with all the info there is out there, PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Also I would gladly donate some $$$ for the info please tell me how!!!

Yours hopefully..

Response from Dr. Lee

Please, see a doctor. There is no way to help relieve your concerns without having testing and other evaluations. See a doctor!

Be well.

Previous
Razor Cut
Next
edema

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.