Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Razor Cut

I have done something stupid. I am POS and undetectable (male 41yrs old), I let my 7 year old play in the bathtub recently and she got my razor and nicked her thumb. I shaved about 10hrs to 11 hours earlier and don't think that I nicked myself in that time. How long is the virus active out of the body? Also, a word to the readers...this happened because I got too comfortable with the situation and forgot normal precautions

Response from Dr. Lee

It is unlikely that your child was infected through this very minute exposure. The virus is not particularly sturdy outside of the body, but under very optimal conditions, it may last a few days. (Your bathroom is not a very optimal condition.) Of course, one cannot know for sure without testing (which I would recommend.) Also- the "normal precautions" here are not related to HIV so much as related to having small children around hazards such as razors, matches, etc. Clearly, putting the razor away is a good idea regardless of your HIV status.

Be well.

What are the pre-natal vitamins
PLEASE ANSWER THIS TIME, CANT SLEEP!!!!!