|HIV positive man/negative wife
Jun 19, 2004
Thank you for the good work,
Am back with same question; had forgotten to include email address.
Am a 30 yrs old HIV +ve man. wife is HIV -ve
I have two questions;
1. which is the better conception option for us and why?-- the In vitro method or the Insemination method?
2. is it true that these methods increase the chance of getting twins or more children?
we had initially agreed to pursue these possibilities. The medical costs are not an issue as we live in europe and our insurance covers this as well. but now my wife is worried she might get twins or more which we cant addord.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Because HIV may be present in semen, artificial insemination may also carry the risk of transmitting HIV to your wife. In vitro fertilization likely has a lower risk of transmission but may carry a higher risk of multiple births. I would urge you to discuss this with your careprovider who can probably put you in contact with a local obstetrical specialist who can discuss these options with you and helpyouto make a decision. Good luck!
WOMEN OF COLOR
- Is Tingling In Feet A Sign Of AIDS?
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.