Women and HIVWomen and HIV

HIV positive man/negative wife

Thank you for the good work,

Am back with same question; had forgotten to include email address.

Am a 30 yrs old HIV +ve man. wife is HIV -ve

I have two questions;

1. which is the better conception option for us and why?-- the In vitro method or the Insemination method?

2. is it true that these methods increase the chance of getting twins or more children?

we had initially agreed to pursue these possibilities. The medical costs are not an issue as we live in europe and our insurance covers this as well. but now my wife is worried she might get twins or more which we cant addord.

with regards,

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Because HIV may be present in semen, artificial insemination may also carry the risk of transmitting HIV to your wife. In vitro fertilization likely has a lower risk of transmission but may carry a higher risk of multiple births. I would urge you to discuss this with your careprovider who can probably put you in contact with a local obstetrical specialist who can discuss these options with you and helpyouto make a decision. Good luck!

Hormone fluctuation?
WOMEN OF COLOR